Sept. 10, 2020
Due to the wildfire danger in our region, Willamette Aviation will be closed until conditions improve. We are closely monitoring evacuation notices in our local area. The health and safety of our customers and employees is our highest priority.
Like you, we also are concerned about neighbors and friends in communities who are impacted by these events. We have contacted the State of Oregon and offered our facilities for emergency services
All Willamette Aviation aircraft will be grounded during the closure. Current students are encouraged to remain in contact with their flight instructors during this time.
Our Summer Safety Briefing on Saturday, Sept. 12, will be rescheduled. We will not be hosting a community potluck BBQ this Saturday.
The most recent National Weather Service forecast discussion notes that areas of valley smoke will persist for the next few days. We are hoping to re-open to the public within the next week, as conditions warrant. We will update the homepage of WillametteAir.com with additional statements, if needed.
David F. Waggoner