May 18, 2021
We at Willamette Aviation are closely following events surrounding the outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), along with others in the aviation community and people around the world. In our more than two decades of operation, our highest priority has always been the health and safety of our aviation community.
Based on the most recent CDC guidance, as well as Oregon public health mandates, our COVID-19 protocols will adjust, starting on May 17, 2021.
· Fully vaccinated individuals are not required to wear masks in instructional areas, such as airplanes, flight simulators, and briefing rooms. They also are not required to wear masks in public areas, such as classrooms, the pilot's lounge, and other indoor gathering areas on our campus.
· Non-vaccinated individuals are required to wear masks in public areas on our campus.
· A non-vaccinated person is permitted to congregate in instructional areas with vaccinated individuals without wearing masks or physical distancing. If more than one unvaccinated person is present, all unvaccinated persons must be from the same household.
· Two or more unvaccinated persons from separate households must wear masks in instructional areas.
· Use of masks outdoors is optional, provided that all non-vaccinated persons maintain a six-foot distance from each other at all times. If any outdoor activity requires non-vaccinated persons to be within six feet of each other, they are required to wear masks.
· The Oregon Health Authority requires businesses to check each person's proof of vaccination if they choose to not wear a mask. If you intend to not wear a mask in one of our indoor public areas, please be sure to have your vaccination card with you.
·We have empowered our flight instructors to request proof of vaccination before contact without masks in instructional areas. Please bring your vaccination card if your instructor requests to see it. Without proof of vaccination, any flight instructor can require masks during flight and ground operations.
· Any instructor can make the personal decision to offer flight training only to vaccinated customers.
· All customers and staff in public areas, instructional areas, and outdoors are expected to exhibit no fever, shortness of breath, or dry cough.
· We respect everyone's right to wear a mask regardless of their vaccination status.
We want to thank our flight community for their cooperation since the start of the pandemic. Because of everyone's participation, we have been able to continue flight training and ground schools without any reported transmission of coronavirus on our campus.
We strongly recommend that members of our flight community become vaccinated against COVID-19. Please refer to this page on the CDC website for more information on our updated protocols. Please also see this document from the Oregon Health Authority.
David F. Waggoner